It brought together 8 participants from :
– Vietnam: Nguyen Trong Duc (Center for Biodiversity Conservation and Endangered Species), Phạm Minh Hiếu (youtuber with over 243,000 followers), Le Van Thanh Hai (Division of Marine Specimen Management, Preparation and Exhibition design Institute of Oceanography in Nha Trang),
– Cambodia: Tony Yon (Master Degree of Science in Biodiversity Conservation, Royal University of Phnom Penh), Yet Yoeum (Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP) Bachelor of Arts in International Relations),
– Laos: Johnny Souwideth (Species and Protected Area (Technical) Officer at International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN-Laos), kherth chanthalard, (National university of Laos, Faculty of Forestry science, Department of Eco-tourism and wildlife conservation.), Soulilath Keovilai (Protected Area Division, Department of Forestry, Lao) and 2 supervisors (Nathanaël Maury, Somchit Sudavanh)
During the week, in a studious atmosphere in a nature resort in Laos (https://www.namkatyorlapa.com/), the participants learned techniques of :
– animal capture (amphibians, reptiles, birds and fish)
– photography (lighting, composition, photostacking)
– photoshop editing
They were very enthusiastic because the training exceeded all their expectations.
Some of them are already at work applying the techniques they learned back home.
This is just the beginning of the constitution of an international network of enthusiasts eager to participate in the construction of the largest encyclopedia of the living.
For more information: